last week returned to the library an essay about football, God is round, John Villoro. I do not know much about it or attend floor Balompédica stages or literature, had fun with this book. What is more, I devoured 70 in 70 pages. When someone writes with enthusiasm and freshness about an issue that often dominates the me-me out most dedicated reader. In addition, capable as I have been cheering for Maeterlinck in its symbolism with flowers and bees, why would not grant a Villoro that football is a metaphor for the world? I have yet to venture into the novels and stories of the Mexican author but from now I want to inject a dose more journalistic. Its excellent mix of literature and journalism is far, far away from that mediocre prose surrounding the English sports daily. It is also light years away from the ignorance of which tend to demonstrate many opinólogos patriotic radio and television. (Except most honorable exceptions such as Santi Segurola, Enric González, Gonzalo Suárez and another, given enough punishment the image they convey to us the JJ Santos, Manolo Lama and company). Hence, to meet God is round has reconciled me with that schoolyard game where many tried to emphasize more that the reviews of the EGB.
(None of my generation shone with the ball at his feet, but at least we took the game seriously, not like some millionaire professional ...)
While reading this book, and while writing these lines, " I realized that I keep my more and less with football. Lost interest after 21 years, and yet you come back lately to pay attention. (Before the World Cup, I mean, if not the cause-effect would be obvious.) So it may not take long to type another entry Balompédica for the blog. Among other reasons because I read a couple of months ago The son of footballer Coradin of Vega, which made me think a few things about the time of school.
Meanwhile
transcribe a few paragraphs on Paul Gascoigne, one of the many players that support the thesis that defends Tolstoy Villoro: happiness does not produce good novels and good players. Or to put it more literally: "There is a secret law that requires that the champions have scratches." Without a tragic sense of life seems to be no glory. Maradona, Pele, the German or the actual Gascoigne are some examples cited by the Mexican writer. copy of the passage below, I like the feel of paper on the fly. The author gives me to write and draw those street performers who portray you in 10 minutes. Also 3 or 4 strokes accurate enough to present a character. Ie the accuracy is the foundation upon which to build the expression. Every so often I meet someone who derided journalism and literature extols the mellifluous, verbose, pretentious sentence of subordinadísima and so long talking to think more deeply about the Big Questions of Life ... Writers like John Villoro guess they seem inconsequential. Instead, I consider them essential.
question of myopia.
My favorite hooligan
some ghosts in France 98 tread on the grass: Romario, Redondo, Juninho, Guardiola. In the list of absent notes the great British court jester, Paul Gascoigne, aka Gazza. England lost 2-1 to Romania in a match dominated by nostalgia for the bad guy.
Gascoigne is a beer drinker in his spare time is devoted to football. Its silhouette rosy cheeks ruddy and reveal a dean of the pubs. His statements feed the curiosity of the London tabloids and sorted into three categories: humorous, vindictive and stupid. When called to the selection, altering the rules of coexistence, put shampoo on the mug of tea and tanning sessions reserved for black players. Three photographs
short his career. The first is a rookie hazing: a defense squeezes her genitals and he howls in pain. In the second taste with impunity the glories of football: it's up to the buttock aide. In the third is a sad: cry for the elimination of England in Italia 90. These images are as popular as the song "Three lions on a shirt," composed for the Euro 96 and decades without laurels of England: "30 years of hurt never stopped me from dreaming ..."
Book Excerpt God is round, John Villoro (Anagram, 2006).
PD. Gascoigne's photo comes from the Mail Online . Latest
0 comments:
Post a Comment